[Uni-verse] PCC meeting next week

Jörn Kohlhammer joern.kohlhammer at igd.fraunhofer.de
Wed Aug 30 10:31:48 CEST 2006

Dear All,

IGD will definitely be at the IST meeting in Helsinki. We would also
suggest to have the extra demo at that time since the reviewers will
most likely be there anyway.

To optimize travel costs we could also imagine to hold the planning
meeting around the IST event in Helsinki, but maybe that is too much for
  that week.

Best
Jörn

Gert Svensson schrieb:

> Lauri and others;
>
> we could have the extra demo for the commission in conjunction with the
> 4-6 October meting
> or the IST 2006 meeting 2 1- 23 November in Finland. In any way we
> should aim at having a fully functional but possibly not fully optimized
> demo until October 4.
> This may  mean that we would need an extra debugging meeting between
> HUT, KTH and II before that.
>
> I think KTH will have a handful of people at the IST event. I also
> assume as a minimum that people from II, HUT and MinusPlus are present.
> I would encourage other partners to participate as well as it is an
> excellent way to find new partners and ideas for future EC funded projects.
>
> Please send your comments!
>
> Best Regards
> Gert
>
> Lauri Savioja wrote:
>
>> Dear Gert,
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Two questions:
>>
>> 1) Are we going to organize an extra demo to the reviewers during the
>> autumn (didn't the reviewers requests that?) ? If yes, how and when?
>>
>> 2) Are we going to have a meeting during the IST06 in Helsinki in
>> November, and who will come to that happening overall?
>>
>> Regards,
>>     Lauri
>>
>> On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Gert Svensson wrote:
>>

>>> Dear Friends,
>>>
>>> I think I should remind you about the remaining planned meetings in
>>> the project.
>>> Please enter them in your calendar right away. The review date is of
>>> course most uncertain.
>>>
>>> Here is the list of dates:
>>>
>>> Computer conference PCC Thursday September 7, 2006 at 10.00
>>>
>>> IRL Planning meeting and PCC Meeting October 4-6, 2006
>>>
>>> Computer conference PCC Thursday November 2, 2006 at 10.00
>>>
>>> Computer conference PCC Thursday January 11, 2007 at 10.00
>>>
>>> Final review preliminary April 11-13, 2007
>>>
>>> Best Regards
>>> Gert

| Dr.-Ing. Jörn Kohlhammer                                          |
| Abteilungsleiter                                                  |
| Echtzeitlösungen für Simulation und Visual Analytics              |
| Fraunhofer-Institut für Graphische Datenverarbeitung              |
| Tel +49-(0)6151-155 646        Fraunhoferstraße 5                 |
| Fax +49-(0)6151-155 139        D-64283 Darmstadt                  |
| www.igd.fraunhofer.de/igd-a3   joern.kohlhammer at igd.fraunhofer.de |