[Uni-verse] Weaknesses in the project

Gert Svensson gert at pdc.kth.se
Mon Apr 24 12:45:28 CEST 2006

Dear Friends,

there are some facts in the project which might be criticized if they
are exposed  to obviously.

One is duplication of effort.

If  I count correctly we have 5 different renderers in the project:

1) Simple renderer
2) Slim renderer
3) OSG renderer
4) Quel Solaar
5) Necro Renderer

if we don't count the geometric renderer in the audio system.

As a side note: I have only seen the simple render fulfilling the spec.

We should not make this to obvious for the reviewers.

We have two servers which also may be criticized.
Please FHG be prepared for questions about this.

Another problem is that we haven't been able to standardize Verse yet.
I could argue that this is to premature to be done now and that we would
need
more interest in Verse before that could happen.

Another problem is that we have only vague ideas of exploitation that is
how we should
proceed and use the result when the project is completed.

I mention this so we can be prepared for questions.

Best Regards
Gert