AW: [Uni-verse] Re: OSGVerse

Marcus Hoffmann Marcus.Hoffmann at igd.fraunhofer.de
Thu Apr 6 09:27:00 CEST 2006

Hi Peter,

It will be included until the middle, latest the end of next week. Sorry for
the delay.
We will - in the first version - upload the transformation of the our
avatar-object-node using the common verse commands.
(verse_o_transform_pos_real32, verse_o_transform_rot_real32).
Wouldn't it be a more general way, if you would get the transformations from
that avatar-node in your code (because you have knowledge of our object
node, when we connect)?
Or don't you download the other objectnodes? (i think this wouldn't drop too
much performance on your side, object nodes generally are small verse
objects)

If this would be not possible, we would have to identify your node on the
renderers side (via the tag) and would have to update its coordinates, did I
get that right?

For the orientation:
OpenSG has the possibility to give us the data needed to define the
orientation. We just would have to find a way to transmit that to you.
Following the 2 approaches I described above for the
transformation-information-submission, we could just establish another tag
for that information, in our object node, or if this version is not possible
in your object node....
Then you could get the orientation information everytime you want, because
it's up-to-date.

Best Regards
Marcus

Marcus Hoffmann
Dipl. Ing. für Medientechnologie
Abt. Echtzeitlösungen für Simulation und Visual Analytics
Fraunhofer Institut für Graphische Datenverarbeitung
Phone: +49 (0)6151 155 - 639
Mail: marcus.hoffmann at igd.fraunhofer.de