[Uni-verse] [Fwd: Re: Proposal about Orange as Uni-Verse demonstrator]

Jörn Kohlhammer joern.kohlhammer at igd.fraunhofer.de
Fri Sep 30 17:55:35 CEST 2005

Dear all,

of course we are also reluctant to hand out money. But as Lauri put it,
if this saves the Uni-Verse, we will not block this redistribution.

Nevertheless, we should all save ourselves time and draw up one summary
proposal with all changes to the work packages for one PCC decision.

Best regards,
Jörn

Gert Svensson schrieb:

> Lauri,
>
> this is a relevant question!
>
> The role of  Paregos in the project is not to implement the demonstrator.
> Paregos will do the evaluation and write the report about it.
> The size of this  work should be in the same range for the Lego and
> Orange project.
> Also Paregos is rather small partner compared with the four big.
>
> Best Regards
> Gert
>
> Lauri Savioja wrote:
>
>> Hi Ton,
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> Thanks for clarification!
>>
>> There is still one question I would like to ask. It seems to me that
>> we are transfering workload from Paregos to Blender, if we discard the
>> Lego demonstrator. If this is the case why Paregos is not
>> participating in the cost distribution? I am sure I have misunderstood
>> something, and for this reason I would be happy if someone could
>> explain the situation to me once more :-).
>>
>> Regards,
>>     Lauri
>>
>> On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Ton Roosendaal wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to emphasize that our proposal is a revision of the
>>> existing WP restructure proposal, where we've lowered our budget
>>> with  30k, to be transferred to KTH to cover their additional work
>>> with  Purple especially.
>>>
>>> We're willing to accept "Orange" to become a Universe demonstrator,
>>> but  then prefer to keep our original budget, and are allowed to have
>>> a  maximum of 30k reserved as overhead for realizing "Orange". (The
>>> total  budget for the production is 120-140k btw).
>>>
>>> That also means that the KTH then requires a transfer of 7.5k budget
>>> from II, HUT and FHG. I think that's a more proper way to bookkeep
>>> it.  :)
>>>
>>> -Ton-

| Dr.-Ing. Jörn Kohlhammer                                          |
| Abteilungsleiter                                                  |
| Animation und Bildkommunikation                                   |
| Fraunhofer-Institut für Graphische Datenverarbeitung              |
| Tel +49-(0)6151-155 646        Fraunhoferstraße 5                 |
| Fax +49-(0)6151-155 139        D-64283 Darmstadt                  |
| www.igd.fraunhofer.de/igd-a3   joern.kohlhammer at igd.fraunhofer.de |