[Uni-verse] [Fwd: Re: Proposal about Orange as Uni-Verse demonstrator]

Gert Svensson gert at pdc.kth.se
Mon Sep 26 11:16:54 CEST 2005

Dear Partners,

as you already know it has been suggested to replace the so called "Lego
demonstrator"  by the
animated movie project Orange, which the Blender foundation is
undertaking at the moment.

I think this is an excellent idea. However the Blender foundation needs
30 kEuro additional funding for this
which has to be transferred to the foundation this year. This and other
conditions you can see in the attached email.

I would suggest that this is solved by having the 4 larger partners
(KTH, II, HUT, FHG) transfer an equal part (7 500 Euro) of their budget
to the Blender foundation. The request of fast payment can be solved by
distributing a larger fraction of the payment from the commission we
are all waiting for at the moment.  I would suggest that we redistribute
an equal percentage of all the other partners to the Blender foundation.

To go ahead by this we need a PCC decision. This could be done over
email but first I would like to hear your comments on this proposal.
Another question is if this change requires a approval by the
commission. After reading the WP text I'm inclined to say no.
The WP text only refers to digital media and this is indeed digital
media. A game demonstrator is however mentioned in one place in the text
but I think we can ignore that at the moment.

Best Regards
Gert