[Uni-verse] Orange deliverable

Lauri Savioja las at tml.hut.fi
Sun Nov 6 21:08:39 CET 2005

Hi Ton,

Thanks for the report! I am very happy to read that the Orange
deliverable will cover that many aspects. From a Uni-Verse point of
view it will get better and better each time you mention a different
tool/result of the _Uni-Verse_ project :-).

Regards,
	Lauri

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We've finished here today the 'animatic' of the movie, and next week
> I'll schedule the activities for the remaning 4 months of work, which
> will include the uni-verse work too. For that I will be in contact with
> Paregos.
>
> As promised, I'll mail first a confirmation of what exactly we'll do.
>
> 1) Online collaboration
>
> We will use the public Verse server (hosted by KTH) as a means for
> external volunteer artists to cooperate on specific modeling tasks
> we'll publish on the website.
> Templates from our artists will be uploaded and made available there as
> well.
>
> 2) Studio production collaboration
>
> We will review using Verse for artists exchanging data internally, and
> using it for modeling and reviewing purposes. If we can get access to
> this, also the Verse plugin for Gimp will be tested.
>
> 3) Public asset library
>
> After the Movie is finished, we will make available our internal
> library on the public Verse server. For a certain period, probably one
> or two months, this will be the only (by us offered) access to download
> 3D assets from the Movie.
> This service can be offered during the entire third year of the
> Uni-Verse project.
>
> This will also be an interesting test for access to Verse for the other
> Uni-verse tools, like the Maya and 3Dstudio plugins.
>
> 4) Technical reports
>
> The Orange Technical Director (Toni Alatalo) will set up and monitor
> the testing within Studio Orange. He will also write a technical report
> on issues, such as experience with security, account creating, speed,
> and of course usability aspects.
>
> 5) PR and Publicity
>
> The Uni-Verse consortium and EU sixth framework program will be
> mentioned in the movie credits and publications (brochure) we do about
> the Movie. On the DVD we'll create, there will be a 'making of'
> documentary showing the results of using Verse-Blender as well.
> The movie will be rendered out to film and HD 2k format, and made
> available for festivals world wide.
>
> 6) Questionaires and user feedback
>
> Both the Online collaboration as the Public library are good means to
> gather feedback from the audience by means of a questionnaire. Paregos
> offered to coordinate and handle this.
>
> -Ton-

Lauri Savioja
Telecommunications Software and Multimedia Laboratory
Helsinki University of Technology
PO Box 5400, FIN-02015 TKK, Finland
Tel. +358-9-451 3237     Fax +358-9-451 5014