[Uni-verse] RE: [Uni-verse]

Emil Brink uni-verse@blender.org
Mon, 17 May 2004 10:55:45 +0200 (MEST)

On Mon, 17 May 2004, Marcus Hoffmann wrote:

> i think this should be at the universe mailing list, because this is related
> to everyone who is using verse in this project. and if someone runs into the
> same problem he doesn't have to search for a solution anywhere else, don't
> you think?!

Well... No, I think I don't. :) Anyone who is going to write code
using the Verse library should be subscribed to the verse-dev list,
and this that community is (hopefully) going to be larger than just
the developers within Uni-Verse, it makes sense to keep this kind of
technical discussion there. Now, if anyone outside of Uni-Verse runs
into this problem, they will have to solve it again since they can't
see the discussion we're having on this closed list. That is not an
optimal use of resources, in my opinon.

> so...i did the extern c  ;))
> but the problem can not be solved with that...
> only if i use the c-file with the implementation of the needed function
> directly i can solve this. but thats not the way it should work i think...

Hm, okay, that is of course bad news. I don't even have a VC++
installation on my work laptop, but clearly see the need to have one
so I can help out with problems like this one.

One related problem is that Eskil, for reasons of his own, seems to
prefer actually including the library code in whatever project he is
working on at the moment. I am quite opposed to that way of working,
and would like the library to be a well-behaved library like any
other.

I'm not sure if what you are seeing is a problem at the code level,
that there is something wrong in the Verse implementation, or if it's
more of an environment situation where some option in VC++ causes it
to maybe decorate the symbol names oddly or something. It's been a
few months since I worked in VC++, too.

More later, sorry for the inconvenience. Regards,

/Emil