[Uni-verse] Work Package 9

Angela Plohman uni-verse@blender.org
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:37:21 +0200

Hello everyone,

First, I want to introduce myself - I am working with Blender
Foundation, specifically doing project management and assisting Ton in
Uni-Verse related matters...

Below you will find some first thoughts on Work Package 9, led by
Blender Foundation. This can be considered a beginning to the
discussion. We are open to any thoughts from the consortium, so please
do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions.

SIGGRAPH 2004:
Both Ton and Eskil will be at SIGGRAPH in Los Angeles in August this
year and will be presenting Blender and Verse during Birds of a Feather
sessions.
Eventually, we would like to propose that the consortium consider
renting a booth at SIGGRAPH in the last year of the project (2006), with
the budget to be split between the consortium partners. It is estimated
that it will cost approximately $ 30,000, excluding the costs involved
with organizing it all. Blender Foundation is willing to take
responsibility for the full organization and coordination in the USA
(estimated manhours 60-120). For covering the actual costs, we propose
that the remaining partners split it based on percentage of the EU
contribution they receive. This is one of the best venues to promote
Uni-Verse and the work of the consortium, therefore, as part of the
dissemination work package, we would like this to be taken into
consideration.

Blender Conference:
The Blender Conference held every year in Amsterdam will be a major
event in terms of the dissemination of the Uni-Verse project. If there
are suggestions or specific wishes on behalf of the Uni-Verse partners,
in terms of what they wish to see happen at the 2004 conference in
relation to Uni-Verse, please submit these points by August 31, 2004. It
will be interesting to be able to build on this year’s conference over
the next years of the project – it can be seen as an event that can
reach a main target group of open source developers and benefit the
project both through discussion and in a ‘hands-on’ way.

This year's conference will take place around the end of October. We
will keep you updated as things become confirmed. It might also be a
good idea to schedule an in-person consortium meeting before or after
the conference.

Online Calendar:
Please submit announcements or notices of any related activities or
publications to me so that I can include them in the online calendar on
the Uni-Verse website. This will be used to track the dissemination of
the project in a sustained and visible way.

Exploitation plan (due month 18):
Some questions that we would like to raise regarding this task are the
following:
Are there marketing people at each organization who will take part in
this work package? Should a dissemination work group be formed, in order
to benefit from everyone’s knowledge and networks? How can we ensure
that everyone’s needs are met?

Thanks and I look forward to working with you.

Kind regards,
Angela Plohman