[Uni-verse] Start up meeting

Ton Roosendaal uni-verse@blender.org
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 15:05:28 +0100

Hi Gert,

I'm fine with 2-4 february. Can you forward me details where to book a
hotel best?

I've been looking around in Amsterdam to find people to help the
Blender Foundation getting started with Uni-verse, and helping our
organization to grow more mature to manage it all. With just myself, a
bookkeeper and system-administrator we won't get there!

For the consortium I would like to introduce two people who will work
for the BF from now:

-> Angela Plohman, project manager/producer
She will be assigned to sort out the whole Uni-verse project,
scheduling it, mapping out all financial issues for it, preparing and
checking on proper administration and bookkeeping. She will also act as
producer to initiate new BF projects, and get additional
sponsoring/subsidies for that. A quite essential role for the
dissemination part.
I will add her to this mailing list, so she can communicate here on
behalf of the BF on all organisational and financial matters for the
Uni-verse project. This frees up my time to do the actual work. :)

-> Saskia Pessers, subsidy consultancy
Saskia's expertise will be used to help getting us the additional
government subsidies for Uni-verse. For this she'll get insight in the
papers we've submitted to the EU, but she won't act on behalf of the BF
related to this project. It might be possible she has questions on this
project, which will be forwarded by me then.

Based on their help, I'll be able to have a good schedule for 2004 by
the end of the month. Starting one month later then was no problem at
all for me.... the work on Blender seems to grow exponentially the past
period.

Regards,

-Ton-