[Uni-verse] Collada

Ton Roosendaal uni-verse@blender.org
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 22:01:47 +0200

Hi!

This was released past siggraph:
http://www.collada.org/public_forum/

Collada is a new 3d file format, supported by Sony, and already being
used by Alias, Softimage, 3DS, etc. Although I know Verse is different,
it is very interesting for Eskil & Emil to look at the specs Collada,
and especially check on the Siggraph paper pdf, since it has nice
information on strategy & vision of companies towards such format.

The main developer of Collada at Sony, Remi Arnaud, I've met a couple
of times. He is ex-SGI and ex-Intrinsic. Will be interesting to keep
him in the loop on Verse development, and - some day - have a meeting
with him to get his feedback on how standards can get supported and how
he sees opportunities for Verse within that scope.

Apart from that, the first signs point to a very succesful initiative.
Sony is quite powerful...

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org