[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #3 Depsgraph Refactor

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 16:08:37 CEST 2013

== This Week ==
It took a bit longer than initially planned to put together a overview
document about the design goals + system design, which I finally
completed and posted online for community feedback yesterday.

See:
* The discussion thread (on bf-animsys) -->
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-animsys/2013-July/000103.html
* The document itself
  -> As attached to the post -
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-animsys/attachments/20130705/6fcec8a0/attachment-0001.pdf
  -> As uploaded to the wiki -
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/File:Despgraph-DesignOverview-01.pdf

Some parts of this will probably need a little polish (namely the
ideas on data sharing/instancing/multi-user stuff), though that's to
be expected. Hopefully the rest of it is clear enough that everyone
can understand what's going on here.

I've also tentatively started playing around with figuring out how to
build the beast described...

== Next Week ==
Unless any major issues arise from community feedback on the design,
I'll be now transitioning over to actually trying to build the things
described (as per the breakdown at the end of the doc).

For the next week, my core task/goal is to figure out how the core
node system types/concepts can be expressed in code.

== Questions ==
Feedback on the design proposal welcome :)