[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #10 Rigid Body Simulation Improvements

Sergej Reich sergej.reich at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 26 19:29:02 CEST 2013

Sorry again for the very late report.

This week I:
Added an option to select mesh source for collision shapes.
This allows users to choose whether to use the base mesh, deform or
final derived mesh as source for mesh based collision shapes.
Added ghost objects.
There is a conflict between the new deactivation system and the old ways
of deactivating objects. So I'll have to move the new system more on the
bullet side so it takes priority and is more reliable.
Also started to look into collision shape and constraint visualization.

Next week I'll continue with what I worked on this week.

Unfortunately progress is still much slower than it should be.
I shouldn't make excuses but I'm having a hard time right with things
outside of GSoC and my head is just not in the right place.
I'll finish all my targets of course, but I'm not sure if I can manage
that before the end of GSoC.
So I'd like to apologize if I disappointed anyone.