[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #7 - Cycles Volume Texturing

Rafael Campos rafaelcdn at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 19:44:35 CEST 2013

Hi everyone. Sorry for the ultra very late report. I've been traveling
since Friday, and only arrived back in Brazil last night.

=== This Week ===
This past week I was able to get simple lookup working on a pre-existing
volume file. The file is loaded using an osl script, and given an array of
parallel and transparent planes.

I'm currently forcing the volume file to be read as a float grid, that is,
the mapping from the 3d volume representation to a value (3d lookup,
basically) assumes values are always floating-point, which is not always
correct, depending on the file. Some things, such as the number of grids
being read out of the file are hard-coded to 1, at the moment, just to get
it working. These details will be tackled next.

=== Next Week ===
Changes to file input will be addressed, such as identifying the correct
type for the value tree and keeping the correct representation in memory.

=== Questions ===
For now, things are quite clear.