[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly Progress Report

Hays, Jason S. jason_hays22 at mymail.eku.edu
Fri May 27 20:51:44 CEST 2011

Jason Hays
Week 1

1) what you did this week

After writing several unimportant test functions to make sure I understood what was happening within Blender, I created a simple version of the vertex group locking feature so that the weight ratios are maintained as you paint a locked group, and after getting advice from my mentor, I made it much more efficient (thanks cambo).

It is a good first step, but it doesn't work with the current normalizing features yet; it does have a working check-box to lock and unlock vertex groups : D

2) what you will do next week

I want to make changes to Blender's normalizing functions so that they will maintain weight ratios for locked vertex groups even after normalizing them.

3) any problems that will require extra attention

If anything, normalizing the weights when a vertex belongs to multiple locked vertex groups _could_ pose a problem.  There might be frequent, unresolvable conflicts where the weights cannot add up to 1.0 on every vertex because the ratios need to be maintained, but I'll look into that more closely next week.

I'm still on schedule.