[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly progress report #1 - 27th May

Miika Hämäläinen miika.hamalainen at kolumbus.fi
Fri May 27 18:33:36 CEST 2011

Hi everyone!

I'm working on Dynamic Paint improvements in the carrot branch.

1) what you did this week

This week I designed and added a dummy implementation of the new user
interface. It features
support for multiple "surfaces" per canvas, point cache panels and
better/clearer presentation of
new canvas/surface types.

I also started rewriting rest of the code to support this new system.
Because old code
simply won't compile with all those changes in dna/rna, I removed most
of it and now
I'm adding it back piece by piece as I rewrite it. Due to massive amount
of old Dynamic Paint
code to work on (+3000 lines) it may take a week or two before it's
fully functional again.
Therefore I wont make any new SVN commits until then. :)

2) what you will do next week

Next week I'll continue rewriting the code. My first priority is to get
new Point Cache
based "surfaces" working and then continue on rest of the functionality.