[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly Progress Report 06 - Sculpt/Paint - Onion

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 22:01:27 CEST 2011

Re-factoring is almost complete.  It has gone according to the plan I
have outlined before, so you can review that if you are unfamiliar.

Next week I will be fixing regressions and making progress towards
completing any work that I planned to have done by the half-way point.
 This includes documentation.  I think my schedule will be pretty
crazy but I want to make sure I hit the deadline.

Things I wish to have complete by July 15:

* Documentation

* re-enabled texcache to improve brush texture performance

* improve smooth tool performance

* improve texture overlays

* matcap/cavity shader visualization

* on-surface brush cursor

* selectable brush shape (sphere, cube, cylinder), and aspect ratio

* re-factorization of code

* line stroke

* more preset curves

* MyPaint brush lib integration

* Finish merging Nicholas Bishop's vpaint and ptex work

The next two weeks I will be crunching to get this completed.