[Soc-2010-dev] Status Report (GE API)

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Sat May 29 04:04:38 CEST 2010

Hi Joerg,
> Moreover I wasted time looking into bugs, Dalai fixed already in trunk, because I used the not-up-to-date branch. Not going to make this mistake again. :)
If you want to have some fun with UI code this is a "recent" list of
2do list for the Logic Editor:
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2010-May/027670.html

But actually I'll see if I can put some time in writing down a list of
the parts of the API that could use some love (e.g. Physics
Constraints uses x,y,z in a lot of functions, while a vector would be
more handy there). I think your project will be more focused on API
and internal BGE, right?

Anyways, good luck with your project. Try to fix Yo Frankie without
changing a single Blender file (only the scripts, and documenting the
changes to help producing a "migrating from 2.49 to 2.50 document).
That will be awesome.

Regards,
Dalai
(ps.: not sure it's inside the scope of your project, but the
gameplayer has been really bad currently. I think it lacks
triple-buffer and the viewport looks really weird)