[Soc-2010-dev] Status report for multires

Nicholas Bishop nicholasbishop at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 18:32:09 CEST 2010

Whoopsies, fell asleep last night without writing the report :)

Status reprot for June 12 - 18:
* Brought back mesh hiding. Ctrl+Alt+LMB now hides a rectangular area
of the sculpt mesh, Ctrl+Shift+LMB does the same but hides outside the
rectangle.
* * This works very different from 2.4, now it just rebuilds the PBVH
with some primitives excluded, much cleaner.
* Fixed undo for masks in sculpt
* Committed fixes for various bugs
* Started work on mask layers, this will also create the foundation
for multiple coord layers and such
* * Created a basic UI in the same style as vertex groups and shape keys
* * Started adding support for mask layers on non-multires meshes:
* * * Added operator to create new mask layers
* * * Sculpt's mask brush and the mask_set operator can be used to
independently edit any of the layers
* * * gpu_buffers combines the mask layers additively for display

Plans for next week:
* Continue working on mask layers
* * Make regular sculpt brushes interact with multiple mask layers
* * Add a way to toggle mask layers on and off
* * Add a delete mask layer operator
* * Make mask layers work with multires
* After that I'll either start working on coord layers or masks for vpaint

Schedule:
On track.

-Nicholas