[Soc-2010-dev] Weekly Status Report - 11 June

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 14:18:27 CEST 2010

This week:
* No lectures/exams this week, so spent most of the week working on this :)
* Finished and released docs regarding the design of the Bullet integration
work to be done. See earlier post on this list for links (Wednesday).
* Begun coding basic implementation of the basics of the system described to
better identify any issues that may need rethinking, in preparation for...

Next Week:
* I'm aiming to make it possible to set up a basic sim (probably only as
complex as a few objects falling on a ground plane) by the end of the week
at the latest. To make this manageable, there are many aspects of the
integration I might not touch upon yet
* Upgrade Blender's Bullet version to 2.76
* Rebranch my branch from trunk (faster than 3-12 hours (closer to 12 I
reckon now) of merging that may fail for whatever reason), then commit the
things mentioned. I'll only do this when both of these are ready though...
* I have a week of exams starting at the end of next week, so Wednesday +/-
a day to have this done
* Time allowing, maybe a few teaser screenshots on blog... will see if
anything is note worthy

Scheduling:
I'm now coming back on schedule now. Still, when exams are finally all out
of the way, progress can be much faster.

Issues:
* I'm still reviewing whether there are better alternatives to the method of
running Bullet sims I mentioned in the doc. It's really non-optimal, and
limits potential interactions for other setups (i.e. drivers for material
colour changing based on location for example), but getting that working may
be near impossible currently...
* Still haven't found any solutions to mingw linking woes mentioned last
time. In the meantime, have been contemplating some msvc-based approaches