[Soc-2010-dev] Status report

Konrad Wilhelm Kleine konrad at konradwilhelm.de
Sat Jul 3 22:23:11 CEST 2010

Hi,

this week was a bit weird actually because my schedule changed a lot
after discussion with Matt and Tom. Also I had to write an exam on
Thursday and traveled  back to Germany today, which let to less time for
development.

I cannot tell what will be next week's topics until I finished
discussions with my mentor. Different timezones can make the
communication difficult...

Probably I will drop the multi channel painting for a while and focus on
topics that solve a more obvious problem like automatically  selecting
the active paint image by active textures in texture stack, for
instance. I did some research and development in that direction already.

For multi channel painting my thoughts went into a different direction
than Tom's original suggestions. I made some assumptions that weren't
true and had to talk through the idea again. I talked to Matt, and find
myself looking for a technical solution to a feature that didn't really
solve a problem. Thank you for making me realize that.

I am a little bit behind schedule. But I think I can catch on very soon,
I have to communicate more.

-Konrad