[Bf-taskforce25] [Fwd: Re: Python/RNA high priority TODO's.]

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 13:18:55 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 3:46 AM,  <Michel.Anders at inter.nl.net> wrote:
> Op Di, september 15, 2009 13:17 schreef Brecht Van Lommel:
>
> [ ... ]
>> One thing I'm not sure about is if we should allow items to be added not
>> only at the end, but also in between. It would be possible to have
>> something like this, which I think would be needed for proper grouping,
>> but it also makes the "API" bigger.
>
> It would centainly be nice to be able to position a new menu item within
> some predefined part but IMHO this is not a must have and could perhaps be
> added later. It would be helpful however if it would be possible to add a
> seperator to an existing menu with the same idiom. (The way you sketched
> it, this would already be a possibility I guess, as the function passed to
> add_item() could add more and different things than just a single itemO to
> panel.layout)
>
> -- Michel.

@Domino, there should be no trouble with you having your utility
functions in a module that others can access.
@Brecht, what you suggest seems good, if you add functions direct then
no need for polling, agree with Michel that this doesn't need to be
done right away (just allow for it in design).

so... who wants to do this? :D