[Bf-taskforce25] Proposal: .B.blend -> startup.blend

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Wed May 6 19:32:24 CEST 2009

Hi,
matt at mke3.net (2009-05-06 at 1219.47 +1000):
> Not only would it be vastly easier to work with and manipulate on the
> various systems that Blender supports, but it also gives users a much
> better indication about the file's purpose. Then, when (as we also
> talked about at winter camp [1]) we separate this file out to one
> containing startup UI settings, and one containing preferences, we can
> give them logical names like startup.blend and preferences.blend
>
> So.. comments? :)

Well, some weeks ago I proposed rearranging the files, with support
for multiple versioning, dropping near all usage of dot files so
changing ".B" to "startup" would fit perfectly, specially if things get
split. Tho nobody said anything about that idea at all, negative or
positive. :]

The doc proposed having a well defined set of subdirectories and even
provide functions to handle those (and other) files clarifying paths
and handling both for users and coders, and even fixing some long
standing issues at the same time. For those that missed it the first
time:
http://www.infernal-iceberg.com/blender/config-layout-and-file-handling-250.mbox.txt

GSR