[Bf-taskforce25] Mockup note

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Mar 13 16:39:59 CET 2009

Hi William,

http://wiki.blender.org/uploads/8/88/2_5_mockups_01.png

For nice aligned layouts it would work better to more strictly separate
button values (numbers, menu options, settings) from their labels. This
would also make buttons a bit smaller, and solve readability for
sliders. Text color for labels then can also be consistant.
Translations get more space too.

In your mockup some buttons have labels next to it, others don't. The
location of such labels is also something the layout engine could take
care of (and even can retrieve from RNA). We have to prevent inserting
our own label texts in the python UI scripts, that will make
translation quite a problem.

Compare this for example:
http://www.halfmanhalfmac.co.uk/modo_image/Tool%20properties%20panel.png

They do this quite consistantly, only tool buttons get their entire
text inside, which makes sense.

-Ton-