[Bf-python] Remote IPython & PyCrust Shell for Blender

Stani spe.stani.be at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 17:13:01 CET 2008

Willian Padovani Germano schreef:
> Hi,
>
> Didn't read Dietrich's patch, but I checked the discussion on the patch
> tracker and the official page. Indeed looks like an interesting
> candidate, but I agree with others about the need to have a clean patch,
> specially if a branch is used for further developments.
>
> http://formgames.org/blender/command-port/
> http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=6887&group_id=9&atid=127

Dietrich, the functionality you achieved looks very nice. Of course the
best way would be to work together with the Blender developers. For the
SPE audience it only makes sense to interoperate with the standard
Blender. Unfortunately I only know Python and not C, so I don' t know if
I can be of much help to clean your patch.
> Anyway, the main issue now (as usual) is the upcoming events refactor in
> Blender. It would be wiser to wait a little more before coding anything
> non trivial, because things will change considerably and we have chance
> to come up with better / cleaner ways to interface with Blender data.
>
> For now I suggest you guys directly interested in scripting Blender via
> external apps to create a basic plan, detailing what you need to have,
> preferred methods (sockets, simple signals, etc.). A page in our bpython
> dev section in the wiki would be ideal for this, but as a start one of
> you could write something here and the others could add to it, then we
> put the results in the wiki.

I've asked editing rights for the wiki. Willian, can you provide me the
exact url?
Thanks,
Stani