[Bf-python] Remote IPython & PyCrust Shell for Blender

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Wed Mar 26 12:48:25 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 03:14:56PM +0900, Dietrich Bollmann wrote:

> Could you detail what you mean by a "clean patch" ?

In your own words:

  "Sorry ... I initially wrote the command port for myself and didn't
  intend to publish the code.  So some changes and experiments which
  are not really essential for the command port itself ended up in the
  code."

The comments I made on this patch last August still apply:

  From a quick glance, it looks like there is a lot going on in
  this patch:

  - command arg processing refactor
  - a debug facility
  - the command port
  - re-implementation of some standard C functions like isdigit.

  It is easier to wade thru patches if they deal with a single
  topic.  Nearly 12,000 lines of code makes for a big patch.

A patch should deal with a single feature.  No need to re-write
Blender all at once.

There is no reason to re-implement standard C functions like
isdigit() even if you give them different names.

> Is it possible to create a subversion branch in the blender repository
> where I could move the patch to?

We have been cautious about creating branches except for approved
projects.  Whether this is good or bad is a discussion for another
place.

Right now, best course of action is as  Willian suggested:

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net