[Bf-python] Remote IPython & PyCrust Shell for Blender

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Tue Mar 18 08:47:11 CET 2008

On Mar 17, 2008, at 11:31 PM, Willian Padovani Germano wrote:

i've repeated this same thing for 2 years now always when this comes
up, so i guess i have to repeat it again :o

> Right now afaik there's no out of the box solution. No timer event
> scriptlink yet, neither one for communication between processes, Verse
> is not finished, etc. It shouldn't be hard to add a scriptlink for this
> (for one system, making it work for all platforms might take more
> help),

IIRC Ton said that the place for the timer hook is there in the core
already, made by him I think, when he(?) added Verse basics too. or
perhaps by Jiri as he did the Verse work. i think he said something
along the lines of 'there are 3 kind of xxx, 1 for blender own stuff, 2
for py and 3 for verse', and that it's just a matter of exposing that
in the api somehow and we'll have blender calling scripts to update
periodically.

this was in the early days of Orange, after Verse had been worked on
quite a lot during the previous year, and i've never look at the code
(creator mainloop, or something?) with this in mind.

so shouldn't be hard, and i guess it would be cross-platform too (at
least verse also works on all plats).

> Willian

~Toni