[Bf-python] Discussion: Mesh PVert/MVert change?

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Thu Jan 12 20:31:51 CET 2006

On Thursday 12 January 2006 19:51, Ken Hughes wrote:
> written some scripts the last few weeks, it seems better to just create
> a sequence of PVerts and then add with me.faces.extend().

good to hear you get practical experience :)

> allow a PVert to change into an MVert.  When a PVert is passed to
(..)
> to having a Py_NEW object change into a Py_WRAP object.

in general, i think it is not a good idea to change objects like that.

could you add some method/function that does the job, and makes new MVerts
based on the PVerts? i think that is usually preferred stylewise: dont change
the type of objects, but use them to create new ones of the type you need.

dunno if there are performance or other arguments for the changing, and dont
know much about the whole matter, but have that general idea.

> Ken

~Toni