[Bf-python] Thought about IRC meeting and beyond

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Tue Jan 10 19:05:04 CET 2006

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 12:47:02PM -0500, Joseph Gilbert wrote:
> Fine we'll use PyObject_IsTrue() to check booleans. When we have someone
> that asks "Y is it that when I do Object.booleanAttribute = pythonObject
> I get strange behavior?" I'll refer them to stivs :0

Heh.  I'll put the word on them!

I admit it is a tiny bit quirky and does not resemble the python's
loose binding and retyping of variables.  However, it does have
consistency and the return value of a BPy bool var will *always*
be of type bool.

If it makes you feel better, just consider it as an overloaded
assignment operator for our boolean class vars.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net