[Bf-python] Thought about IRC meeting and beyond

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Mon Jan 9 18:51:41 CET 2006

Just comment on 1 point.
I think we should make users to think in terms of the current scene
defining the context.
All blender tools use the current scenes data.
Object.Get() - should only ever be used in rare cases, since mostly you
want the objects in the scene.
could we encourage python'ers to use scene.getChildren()?

Also. python coders need to be aware of the active object and how do
deal with it. Some documentation on this would be good to write.

Not totaly clear on the object access, but am interested it what this is
about. ob.data seems a nice way to go?
Whats suggested..
was
ob.link(data) # Could be replaced by.