[Bf-python] api requests

Gilbert, Joseph T. jgilbert at tigr.ORG
Sun Jan 1 05:46:15 CET 2006

The only way to guarantee that every particle in the particle system has
a unique ID is to code it into Blender's internals so that python can
expose it. It *seems* from looking at the Effect and Particle structs
that there is no unique ID associated with them. (But then again I know
very little about particles and effects :))Python can't expose what's
not there.

-----Original Message-----
From: bf-python-bounces at projects.blender.org
[mailto:bf-python-bounces at projects.blender.org] On Behalf Of Tom M
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2005 11:02 PM
To: Blender Foundation Python list
Subject: [Bf-python] api requests

Here are some API requests mentioned in the forums,

[QUOTE]
But I can't migrate to 2.40 because I can't rewrite my RenderMan
exporter.
To do that I need method to turn off subsurf.

To write particle exporter I need more info about each particle.
Particle location is not enough. I need particles ID (Unique for every
particle in particle system) and particle lifetime in range between 0
and 1. [/QUOTE]

http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57635

LetterRip