[Bf-python] Ipos and Keys

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Tue Oct 25 06:45:29 CEST 2005

Johnny Matthews wrote:
> Ken, Look at the key patch, there is a function that I added called
> getChannelIpo that takes a keyblock index from getBlocks (which are the
> shapes) and returns the IpoCurve for the block. I think this is what you
> are looking for :)

Well, it almost does what I'm looking for, but I think there's a problem
with using verify_ipocurve().  It always returns an IPO curve, creating
one if it doesn't already exist.  As I understand shape keys, not all of
them necessarily have IPOs curves (curves are only created if the
keyvalue slider is changed)?  At least that what I see using
NMesh.getKey().  Don't we need a function to just look up an Ipo curve,
and return NULL if it doesn't exist?

Ken