[Bf-python] Python 2.4 Windows built-in modules

Simon Clitherow aphex at nildram.co.uk
Thu Oct 20 20:34:49 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I recently updated the zip archive to py2.4 for the windows 2.40
release, however, it appears blender no longer reads the archive!

I tested this by renaming my python 2.4 installation dir temporarily
and running the 'system information' script. It showed python24.zip as
a system path, but found no modules!

Curiously, it also gave a runtime error about not finding python23.dll!

Does anyone know if something needs to be changed in the source to read
the new archive?

Tested blender 2.37a (with python23.zip) and it works as expected.

I've also checked I'm compiling and linking with 2.4 correctly...

Any clues?

Cheers,

Simon