[Bf-python] Latest update on Mesh module

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Mon Oct 17 07:54:12 CEST 2005

Ken Hughes wrote:
> So I'm looking now at the other miscellaneous methods in NMesh, with
> future thoughts of replacing NMesh completely.  Should I recode all of
> those methods, or are there some "legacy" ones which don't make much
> sense anymore or are rarely used?  Are they any methods glaringly
> missing, based on recent additions elsewhere in Blender.
Hi Ken, I use nmesh.transform(matrix) a lot for exporters, should be
trivial, and could use the same syntax as  NMesh.
An equivilent to NMesh.getRawFromObject is needed for exporters (maybe
there could be added a function like Alt+C, then you get the resulting mesh)
Another usefull function is scanfill. though this will probably be a
editmode only function too.
I have also needed a "Recalc Normals Outside" function, with some mesh
generation its tricky to work out wich way to flip the face,

I was wondering if the editMode functions work when there are no ed
views open?

Good progress ;) It might be some time before I convert most of my
scripts across, but I intend to where appropriate.
- Cam