[Bf-python] Z selection buffer access ?

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Sun Mar 6 08:16:02 CET 2005

Gert De Roost wrote:

>Is anyone thinking along the lines of supporting the Z
>selection buffer through BPython ?
>
>I bumped into this a few times now and don't have the
>C skills (yet) to implement this myself.

Could you please elaborate?

If you mean, get the vert closest to the mouse cursor, then no that's
not really practical to do right now (EMesh supported that, but that
project was ultimately dropped).

But, really and truly the backbuffered "buffer" is really just the
backbuffer drawing an object with the different geometry components
encoded as colors (with dithering disabled of course).  I suppose there
could be an option to draw the selection backbuffer then send it back to
a python script, that wouldn't be too hard. . .

Give some uses of this and I'll think about implementing it.

joeedh