[Bf-python] Patch for Ipocurve

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Fri Mar 4 22:33:26 CET 2005

Ken Hughes wrote:

> While I'm waiting for someone to respond to my earlier proposals.....
>
> Here's a patch which correctly prints the name of the Ipocurve object
> instead of random garbage.  So if you have an object with an IPO curve
> and you run this script:
>
>    import Blender
>    print Blender.Ipo.Get('ObIpo').getCurve('LocX')
>
> you get:
>    [IpoCurve "LocX"]
> instead of
>    IpoCurve H(�@

After looking at this again, I realized part of the problem was that the
prototype declaration of GetIpoCurveName() should have been in a header
file.  However, due to dependencies in the IpoCurve type declaration it
couldn't just be moved to Ipo.h.  Since it is an Ipo Curve function, this
patch also moves the function to Ipocurve.c and adds the prototype to
Ipocurve.h.

I been looking at some other things in the Python API for Ipo, Ipocurve
and BezTriple and have some other thoughts which I'd like to finalize
before posting, but foremost I'd like to ask if anyone would object (or
care) if I looked into converting the Ipo and Ipocurve methods which
use curvepos to a curve name (maybe just add the curve name option to
allow backward compatibility)?

Ken