[Bf-python] Proposal to getSelected and getAcitve

Joilnen Batista Leite vma_bad_list at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 06:19:12 CET 2005

Hi guys !

Stephen explained the what my english not could :) !

--- Stephen Swaney <sswaney at centurytel.net> wrote:

> Note: if there are selected objects, the active
> object is the first
> one in the list returned by Object.GetSelected().
>
> > In addition I propose to name it
> Scene.GetObjects() (plural).

I sending a new patch with few rewrite and changes
this scene method to GetObjects

> This changes the meaning of Object.isSelected().
> Right now, it tests
> objects in the current scene.  We can not break
> existing scripts.
>
> One way to get the effect you want is to add an
> optional scene arg.
> However, I am not convinced this belongs as an
> Object method rather
> than a Scene one.

I am not sure where put that too I thought in Object
Object.isSelected (yes/no) and about compatibility,
scripts not used Objects in Scene aproach before I
guess so this method in old scripts testing just only
in current scene it works for that too.

here a simple test:
make Scene.001 and put objects in this scenes
from Blender import Scene, Object

scn= Scene.Get('Scene.001')
lay=2
ob= scn.getObjects(lay) # nothing get all objects in
active layers
for i in ob:
        if (lay!=0):
                print i,'First is active'
                lay=0
        if i.isSelected(): # this funcs changing to
test objects in ever scene
                print i,'Selected'
        else:
                print i,'NoSelected'

Thanks, Joilnen

PS.: Mark, portuguese could help me a lot :)!

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!