[Bf-python] Proposal to getSelected and getAcitve

Mark Potse mark at potse.nl
Wed Mar 2 20:13:34 CET 2005

hi Joilnen,

This looks like a response to my question/suggestion
about access to the active object, so thanks!

I will try to contribute documentation for the code
that you submitted.  Therefore I would like to understand
why you put this in the Scene submodule rather than the
Object submodule. What is the distinction between the
two? Is the "object selection" independent of the scene
while the "active object" is a scene property in Blender's
philosophy?

In addition I propose to name it Scene.GetObjects() (plural).
This stresses that the function returns a list of objects.
The name that you gave it, Scene.GetObject(), suggests that
it returns one object.

You can also communicate with me in French, German, or even
Dutch ;-) if that is of any help.

Mark

--
 Mark Potse  < http://www.potse.nl >