[Bf-funboard] external python modules

Charles W kattkieru at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 15:45:04 CEST 2016

I've had a lot of trouble getting pip to work with the Python Blender includes. It's easier to make a virtualenv outside Blender with the same Python version, do your setup there, then either copy modules over or modify your PYTHONPATH.
It would be nice if Blender shipped both with pip and a version of virtualenv that doesn't fail late in the process due to the modules that are stripped out.
It would also be nice if there were Foundation-managed wheels that the pip in Blender could look to first.
~ C

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 9:01 AM -0400, "Max Voss" <maxivoss at hotmail.de> wrote:

Hello again,

Alex, if you mean by workaround to copy the module folders from the system python, that's what I did up to now, but the ubuntu default is 3.4.3 and blender uses 3.5.1 .

Blender can't find the pip module so that doesn't work either. Or I didn't understand what you mean.

thanks though

Max