[Bf-funboard] Alt+MMB roller needs more precision while changing values

Adam Preisler adam at preisler.me
Wed Jun 3 18:29:14 CEST 2015

I am talking about this feature that I use very often in Properties, N
menu, Node Editor and basically all value inputs:
http://adaptivesamples.com/2014/01/25/cif-9-altscroll/

Like 30% of the time, 0.1 steps are good, but I often would appreciate 0.01
steps or at certain times even 0.001 steps - which are especially time
consuming to enter manually over and over again (I mean entering numbers
like 1.14, then reentering 1.15, then reentering 1.16 then reentering 1.157
and so on until I get it right.

Entering 1.0 steps can be done via keyboard very easily, but these smaller
steps are hard, since you need to enter the whole number again - which is
often necesary when working with meter units and you don't want to add cm
or mm in the end so you just retype the whole number in meters.

This reminds me also, that it would be better if values that are already
represented prior to change like 16.75cm for example, it would be better if
when changing them, the value you enter would be percieved as in cm, not in
m.

In 3d View, shift usually means more precise movement/rotation/scaling, but
in this feature, it does not work. I think it would be great if it would.

Thanks for reading.