[Bf-funboard] Texture bombing

Hadrien Brissaud hadriscus at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 15:56:14 CEST 2015

Hey everyone,

recently I tried to "texture bomb" an object - basically repeat x number of
times a texture in uv space with random coordinates to imitate the look of
playdough covered with fingerprints (one fingerprint texture-> infinite
variations in size, orientation and distribution). I got some good help on
BA but the solution provided by Secrop was not ideal since the voronoi
cells used for distribution actually cropped the pattern's borders and
would not overlap... now I fiddled with their node setup, but I admit it
was (and still is) over my head.
So I thought, having a builtin texture bombing node would be rather handy.
Thoughts ?

Thread in question :
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?373685-How-to-repeat-a-pattern-on-a-surface

Two links given by JA12 for reference :