[Bf-funboard] UI talk + session at bconf

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Tue Sep 24 20:26:29 CEST 2013

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 5:43 PM, Paweł Łyczkowski
<pawellyczkowski at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Indeed, it wasn't my intention to start a UI discussion in this
>> thread, better start new threads for that.
>
> Ok, no text then. But I'm a bit confused now. You do want more mockups,
> right? You stated that here ->
>
>  >One thing I would love to see from designers is a mockup or sketch of
> what the full Blender UI should look like
>
> And the mockups on BA focus on redoing the whole interface, which I
> suppose is not what the Foundation wants done - the UI got a revamp not
> so long ago after all. So I guess small usability changes are the
> direction at the moment - evolution, not revolution. Am I close?
>
> Just trying to contribute.

You can start a new thread if you want to post a list of ideas, this
thread doesn't need to be a catch-all for UI discussion, that's what
this entire mailing list is for :)

I wrote this wiki page because I see a lot of UI discussion and
mockups, but they often generate more questions than answers for me.
My hope was that this document would help people doing such things to
create proposals that are more useful to developers. Or maybe even to
find someone who can create a design proposal that developers get
motivated by and start implementing, like William did for 2.5.

Brecht.