[Bf-funboard] proposed adjustment to object->display property subpanel

David Jeske davidj at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 19:51:58 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Harley Acheson
<harley.acheson at gmail.com>wrote:

> Are we showing the incorrect singular "Axis" there just because "Axes"
> looks funny outside of a sentence giving it context? I notice that the
> tooltip is correct.

I just left this, but I assume yes. "Axes" just looks strange. I think to
get away from the grammar problem we'd have to do something more like "Axis
Indicators" or "Axis Gismo"

> The way you've laid out your mockups, I could see "Draw All Edges" being
> simply "All Edges".  It is such a more obvious part of the "Display" list
> they way you have it that the "Draw" now _could_ be discarded as redundant.

Yes, in my first mockup I renamed that title "All Wire Edges". That title
is near the tooltip so I'm looking at it now. I feel like it's better to
have a sensible global title, rather than locally renaming it there if
possible.

> ...trying to clarify the tooltip for "Draw All Edges"
>
> "Display all mesh edges. Disabled merges some collinear edges" ?

"DIsplay all mesh edges. Disabling hides some co-planar edges" ?