[Bf-funboard] Multiple Rename

Michael michaeltale at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 5 12:24:34 CEST 2010

Hello,

Here is a propose for a Funtion, which enables to rename multiple
object names or datablock names, through replacing or deleting
pattern, like many text editors can.

Here are two examples of a situation, where such a feature would help me:

I created 10 polyhedrons with the shap of paper and the with and
height of the ISO A 0 to 10.
I called them ISO A0, ISO A1, ISO A2 ... ISO A10

Now i created strip formates of them with the height of 1/3
The dublicated and scaled objects are having the addition .001

With the multiple rename funktion i could replace the ".00" with "
1/3" and delet the last number,
which i did manually.

Another example:
If i create something of objects i created before,  i'd like to rename
these objects to signal within the name that they are part of what i
created, because i could use these object again to creat something
else, and i want to see of what "higher" object they are part of,
without a 3d window. (For example in the file browser for appending,
or linking, from a blender file where i collect these "higher"
objects)

greats
tale