[Bf-funboard] Empties in the bone hierarchy

Sangwoo Hong sahngwoo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 05:07:25 CEST 2009

It also depends on where you work too.  While I was at Disney, they insisted
on having a "control panel" for any given character which included screen
grabs of the character in a spread eagle pose and its mug shot with the
controls positioned in and around what they control.  Apparently "animators"
are too "artistic" to deal with technical stuff like grabbing "empties"
there.  Ironically this wasn't as much work as it sounds like because the
guy who worked on this stuff had figured out most of his job as MEL scripts
so it only took him several screen clicks in Maya to get him to 90+%.  Like
I said, auto-rigging scripts are the way to go.  And these scripts should do
more then just rig the characters.  They should build the UI to control the
characters as well...
phong.