[Bf-funboard] Empties in the bone hierarchy

Jason van Gumster flaw at misaligned.net
Mon Mar 30 10:42:06 CEST 2009

"David Bryant" <aceone at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> That's the problem I've had. This option would make rigging more
> robust in Blender.
> You should be able to use empties in the action editor because
> empties as placeholders are a part of a rigger and animator's toolbox.

I'm skeptical that it'll make rigging more robust. Simpler is typically
more stable.

At this point it may be better/easier to implement a native empty
drawtype for bones rather than try to shoehorn them into the armature
hierarchy. If it looks like an empty and moves like an empty, who cares
if it's really a bone? ... especially if it works better.

  -Fweeb