[Bf-funboard] Vert as a star

jgray at grayengineers.com jgray at grayengineers.com
Thu Mar 12 01:21:33 CET 2009

Frankly, I have a great deal of sympathy for Roger.  I spent roughly an
hour trying to find where to submit feature ideas.  The first place I
found, said to add a note to a wiki page.  But the wiki was restricted
to registered developers.  And then there are the forums.  There are
hints that there is a forum for feature requests, but it can't be
found.  The mailing lists (this one included) have little or no
guideline pages.  A simple link at the top of the archive pages could
take us to a page that describes what messages belong in the mailing
list and what doesn't.

I did finally find a reference to a different website that may or may
not be useful.  The site looks great; it's well organized and easy to
use.  But I don't know yet whether any of the core developers ever look
at it:

http://www.blenderstorm.org/qapoll/ideas/idea/846

Actually, that's a link to the feature idea I posted (NOTE:  I intend
to do this development myself).  I did find a note that one of the
far-future development ideas is to add a GA for textures.  But my
intent is quite a bit more ambitious:  textures, fields, roads, fences,
shrubs, trees, shacks, maybe even people, houses, cars, etc.

As I mentioned, I can't find any guidelines.  Is this a good place to
discuss new development?