[Bf-funboard] assigning keys

Pawel Lyczkowski plyczkowski at o2.pl
Sat Jun 6 16:35:44 CEST 2009

Hi Willem

> Lighting up the geometry that will be selected will be a great addition.

You mean "would", as it is not in the development yet, right? I merely
suggested it would be nice.

> Why do you want to assign keys? Practically everything in blender already
> has shortcuts. So that would be a bit difficult. However think it might be
> something to be considered. The problem you might find is that it might
> clash with a already existing shortcut.

Not only assign keys, but remap them. The existing shortcuts in Blender are
great, but not all of them. For example I would like to change the existing
selecion mode change key (ctrl-tab and choose with mouse/press 1 2 3)
directly to 1 2 3 keys, preferable with the option to add selection mode
with shift-1/shift-2/shift-3.

Cheers
PLyczkowski