[Bf-funboard] Thoughts on multi-select mode.

Alberto Torres kungfoobar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 02:20:06 CEST 2009

2009/6/4 Paweł Łyczkowski <plyczkowski at o2.pl>:

> But I still think that overriding several selection behaviors in multiselect
> would be a good thing, such as the alt-click on edge to select an edge loop.
> Surely no one uses alt-click in multiselect anyway.

If I did understand, I use that all the time. I always enable
vertex+edge select and use alt+rmb and shift+alt+rmb to select edge
loops. I only set it to vertex only when using B, BB or ctrl+lmb. In
fact that's my biggest complain: I would like to have a way to use
B/BB/C-rmb for verts only while having vert+edge mode enabled. Being
able to change the selection mode to verts+edges with the keyboard
would alleviate the problem though.

I somewhat agree with Pawel in that it would be nice if I press X
while having only edges or faces selected, the default option would be
to erase those faces or edges. I'm used to the current behaviour
anyway (except for the issue I mentioned in the previous paragraph).