[Bf-funboard] Mouse versus hot keys

Tony Mullen tony.mullen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 06:10:17 CET 2009

Hi,

> When multi-touch arrives as the norm for 3D application interfaces,
> hotkeys will be made obsolete

Actually, I should have said "might be made obsolete." I had in mind
onscreen buttons and the like. However, ergonomic and screen real
estate considerations might actually make keyboard hotkeys a better
option even in this case. Another advantage is that keyboards give
nice tactile feedback so you know when they're pressed without
looking.

Anyway, I'm going to hold off on my multi-touch interface feature
requests for the time being :)