[Bf-funboard] Mouse versus hot keys

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Mon Feb 16 23:13:09 CET 2009

How the process can be fluid and simplified once all cameras are positioned.
click means Left Click.

2 clicks for 2 operations:
click on camera = Camera view, and/or click Render ( button or tab in the camera
view) to see result.

1 Click on camera =  Render window closes, Camera view closes, camera wire turns
grey (becomes unobtrusive, reduces the visible meshes), return control to 3d mode.

versus
1. Right Click on camera to turn to object mode.
2. Take both hands off the mouse.
3&4. 2 keypress Ctrl and then 0 = camera view (requires both hands)
5. Put hand back on mouse
6. Move mouse pointer off the 3d modeling view,
7. Left Click  on Render or
7a, find the Render hot key
7b. press ( I dont know this one) to see result in render window
8. ESC key or Left click on x to close render window - be careful not to shut
down blender.
9. Num pad 7,3 or 1 to return to 3d mode if in camera view.
10. If you have the 3d model window rotated slightly I find no way to return to that
3d view, the choices are numpad 1,3 or 7 then
11.  Right hold - rotate the 3d model back to where I had it.
So many variations of keypresses and mouse clicks and holds to perform 2 simple
operations.
All that to render a quick view can be improved I think.

Man!, If I could do a view and render in 2 clicks then close, returning to 3d
window without leaving the mouse it would be for me, both faster , (couple of
seconds) and easier as in click click.

Hope this helps

I am wondering if I can send jpeg attachments showing a screen shot of any
proposals we make - or should I put these on a web page and give the address in
an email.
Roger